• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

noooob cb question

Ba-Riedo

has frame envy
First off yes I searched so dont ask. My cb antenna mount has no place for the coax cable to connect to, it has a bolt that runs through and connects to my spring. The cable I have has the type of plug in that goes in the back of the cb on each end and im not sure how to attach it to the cb.

Can I chop off the end by the antenna and put an eye there to connect it to the antenna mount? Or do I need to buy a new mount?

-Alex

I dont know about cutting it Alex, but the cables are plenty cheap for the style you need. I know they sell them at Joes
-Ryan
Edit: Search harder N00b

It is possible. Mine is mounted with 2 wire loops with a plastic spacer between the antenna and mount. isolating the 2 loops If you buy a CB mount it will have all the hardware you need to get it to work. I will try and take a picture of my setup if you would like.

Oh classic very classic. I remember back in elementary school when we used to say that. Of course you would have proabably been at sehome with the hippies..?

-Alex

ROOK1 said:
It is possible. Mine is mounted with 2 wire loops with a plastic spacer between the antenna and mount. isolating the 2 loops If you buy a CB mont it will have all the hardware you need to get it to work. I will try an take a picture of my setup if you would like.

If you can that would be great, I bought this mount at a cb store and it has plastic as well as metal washers.

-Alex

It will work then. Follow the instrictions and you shouldn't have any problems. One loop on the center contact and the other on the outside shielding.
My picture wont be the best because I use heat shrink to seal the wires.
Back with a pic in a few minutes.

Not real clear, camera didn't want to focus in the dark.

imgp3149ed6.jpg

Order from the bottom up.

Bolt, wire loop, plastic washer, wire loop, mount/bracket, plastic washer, metal washer, then antenna. UPDATED

Last edited:
So heres mine. Can I leave it like that and just run an eye between the two plastic washers and then put some wrap over it to protect it from the weather?

untitled.jpg

-Alex

the outer shield of the coax needs to go to the body, the inner wire of the coax needs to not touch the body and go to the bolt on your mount.

OR

just run by a truck stop or radio shack and get a stud mount to replace the bolt.....then you would have a screw on conector.

Back