• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transfercase speedo problems

xXseekanddestroyXx

NAXJA Forum User
ok so heres the story i bought a 92 xj off of a buddy and had to put a new transfercase in it so i removed the old transfercase which was a 242, and put in a 231 that i had bought and had a shop put in a teraflex short sye kit, now the sye kit came with a three wire plug for the speedo, i then found out that the jeep is missing the wiring harness that plugs into the transfercase and tranny and speedo.so i go to the junk yard but i can only find a harness that has a plug for the tranny and the transfercase and a speedo plug but it was only a two wire. i called the dearlerships nearby and they said that they discontinued the production of the harnesses, can anyone help me..

You are going to have to add a 3rd wire, 5v to run the sensor. I think the connector you need is the same as the later 3 wire sensors. I think I tapped into 5v at the map sensor on mine...... This is assumuming the sensor on yours is the same as on my my rubicon case.

Back