• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE+CV+shaft recommendations

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I'm about to start the serious work on my 91 beater and have decided that I'm going to do the SYE install first. This isn't needed right away but it will be needed within a few months (initial lift will be 3" but I will add another 2-3" in the summer), so I might as well do it now.

I have an NP231 transfer case, a C8.25 in the rear and a D30 up front. I want to replace the front drive shaft at the same time as the rear stuff so that it is not a weak point, and besides I think it is worn out anyway.

Any recommendations on what to get or where to go?

Thanks!

I am going to do a JB conversions SYE, and either a Tom Woods, or local driveshaft company shaft, depending on price. given the price from Mr. Woods ($300), I do not plan on doing a front shaft as well. I may even run a front shaft in the rear until I get the rear shaft built

you must be doing some insane wheeling if you need custom shafts front and rear....

personally, i like having interchangable front and rear DS's.....they are identical.

JNickel101 said:
you must be doing some insane wheeling if you need custom shafts front and rear....

personally, i like having interchangable front and rear DS's.....they are identical.
X-2,

K.I.S.S.

Back