• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grille Guard

k_kuch

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know of a good cheap grille guard that will install on a factory bumper? My top price is only $300 and i cant seem to find one anywhere.

look at junkyards,, i have two sittin rounf mt yard, ones bend fron a guard rail, and the other is chrome chrome :/ eww

The Smittybilt J42 Bumper Thumper is probably the cheapest "grille guard" you can get, but its prices lately indicate that you may, indeed, be better off just buying a cheaper "real" bumper. Look at Nates 4x4. You can get a front bumper for $150 + shipping.

88XjLaredo said:
Not to steal your thread or anything, but can you run a grille guard w/ tow hooks? Not sure how the mounting works with grille guards.
Depends on the grill guard. the Smittybilt I had mounted strictly to the bumper and wouldnt have interfered with tow hooks at all. Some of them mount to the frame at the bottom and may interfere and I think the Manik hangs down below the bumper and may interfere.

EDIT: back on topic for the OP, Im pretty sure you can pickup a Smittybilt for less than $300 including the brushguards.

kuch. Not to rain on your parade but let me forworn you. If you buy a bumper mount brush/grill guard and you do hit something you will definatly do more damage then good most likely turning your bumper in and destroying everything in the front of you I6 meaning... everything.

Do what they say and either 1. order a new bumper that built to catch some deer or 2.get a FRAME mount brush guard. Best of luck friend

Back