• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Inch pound torque Wrench needed

waxer

JEEP APPRENTICE
Staff member
NAXJA Member
Anyone have an inch pound torque wrench I can borrow?

Or anyone know where I can obtain one rather inexpensively?

I bought one at Sears and it turns out it's a foot pounds and I needed an inch pounds one for checking pinion bearing preload.

I'm currently swapping in some 4.88's into my D30 and D44 combo.

Any help would be appreciated.

Merry Christmas to all.

Check again at Sears - as I recall, they carry "beam-type" torque wrenches in pound-inches for a reasonable price (a "clicker" type flat will not work for you, and dial types are seriously spendy...)

They should have them on hand - I've seen them in the stores as recently as last month.

Sears sell inch-lb torque wrenches too. I bought one by mistake once.

I'll have to try a different Sears then.

The one in Long Beach off of Bellflower Blvd does NOT carry the inch pounds version. Only the foot pounds.

I'll look for another Sears.

Thanks for the tips.

you really need a "turning torque" wrench I have on out here in Thousand Oaks you can borrow.Got it from the Matco tools truck

ive got both types, unfortunatly i am not close. if you still need one in a couple day, i might be heading to city of orange.

Napa has it, if not in stock they can get it from the warehouse. part number 2955, about 60 bucks... I got one today... too bad not many uses for it... its too small. you could use mine but i'm in AZ.

Back