• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What can I do with this?

WPG98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
G/F's dad has minty transfer case out of a ford exploder. Its one of those push button kind. It has the harness on T/C side in it that have good length wire for jerry riggin'.

Now say a guy wanted to dual t/case his XJ... how one go about doing that but keeping the current confiuration.

like I have a 242 and love my full time option.. and want to just have crazy crawl on demand with the push of a button.

but if I have the new T/C after the 242 I'd lose 242 options... and if I have the new T/C in front then how do I use the stock T/C selector on the now 2nd in line 242?

I could get it off him for $150 or so... and this would be step 3 in my master plan.

1. Begin install of supercharger
2. install my arrived AW/Shift
3. Dual T/C
4. Dana 44's
5. 38" or 39" tires.

ok... more than 3 steps.... but whatever :wierd:

You better plan on upgrading to a 242hd from a Durango and add some parts from a 242 H-1 Humvee case. Even with these mods you will still be over what a built 242 is rated at.

Either skip the adding a second t-case or plan on blowing up lots of parts.

Gear your axles and skip the D44's if you want 38"-39.5" tires.

A HP D60 in the front and a D70 or a 14 bolt in the rear is what you'll need for that tire size..

yea, thats a lot of rubber for dana 44's. I wouldnt run anything bigger then 37's on a 242 personally but thats just me. Look into a d300.

building around your vehicle > building around parts that you can scrounge for cheap/free.

xalexjx said:
yea, thats a lot of rubber for dana 44's. I wouldnt run anything bigger then 37's on a 242 personally but thats just me. Look into a d300.

A beefed 242 will handle more then 37" tires. 37" tires are stock on the H-1 the parts are coming from. It will have about a 2300 lb.-ft rating which will make it 800#'s stronger then stock. It is also rated for an 11500 GVW compared to a 5500 lb GVW.

Think of a wide chain, 32 spline rear output, with a 6 geared planetary low range gear set, a HD needle bearing differental and a HD Low/high range shift collar. It could even run a cooler.

Back