• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weak Yoke???

jwtrapper

NAXJA Forum User
Why would this happen? Drive shaft is only about 2 to 3 months old U-Joints where greased. Pulling out of Safeway parking lot.

driveshaft002.jpg

driveshaft003.jpg

When a u-joint fails is it the caps that break or is it the whole thing?

Is it my fault or a weak part?

are you running lift blocks?

Looks like a dry joint to me...do you have the missing caps? If so, were they worn internally like the joint is?? Does the unbroken half of the joint move smoothly and easily??

What size joint is that?Do you have SYE and CV shaft?What are you driveline angles?

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say something happened prior to the failure, I ran 3 inch blocks for more than a year, and i didn't go easy on it either!

there were 2 diffrent ujoints for the explorer 8.8, friend had a similar problem with the 8.8 in his YJ

hey could i trouble you for the part # and location of that yoke you have thare. i bought a t-case with the sye on it and cant find yhe yoke from RE but i hear there's one on a ford car that will work.

mjdavis31 said:
hey could i trouble you for the part # and location of that yoke you have thare. i bought a t-case with the sye on it and cant find yhe yoke from RE but i hear there's one on a ford car that will work.
front or rear yoke/flange adapter

[COLOR="Red" said:
jwtrapper[/COLOR]]SYE and CV Shaft 2 degrees below drive shaft
What SYE kit are you running?

Last edited:
mjdavis31 said:
The yoke/adapter shown in this thread is installed as a rear application(axle end of a 8.8) and wont work for a SYE/CV shaft(at the t-case ends).

Last edited:
Back