• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5 kit and bump stops

i used hockey pucks up front and bought some extended bumpstops for the rear. i went to "play it again sports" for hockey pucks and the dude gave me free ones that had their logo on them. i glued 2 together for each side which gave me 2 inches on each side of extra bumpstop.

Cornflake said:
i used hockey pucks up front and bought some extended bumpstops for the rear. i went to "play it again sports" for hockey pucks and the dude gave me free ones that had their logo on them. i glued 2 together for each side which gave me 2 inches on each side of extra bumpstop.
hahahahahahahahahahahaahah:eeks1:

Cornflake said:
What I did as well. Worked surprisingly well too.

here is another question I have a 3.5 kit with 31" tires and no bumpstops so if i go to a 4.5" kit why would i need bumpstops

think about it - you're going with a taller spring....and taller tires over stock...your tires will eventually hit fender/sheetmetal before anything else in your suspension stops it....

I used the bumpstops that came with my kit I think they wer 2 or 3 inch variety and 1 hockey puck and it wrks great and my tires aren't getting cut up

I did the hockey puck method as well, I could knock the front flares off with the 32s, put in a couple pucks on each side and the flares are still on it. Thsi is without trimming, if you want to not bumpstop as much, your going to have to trim. You still need to bumpstop, but you will get better travel. Some people care, some don't.

And also to protect your shocks!

Back