• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sea Foam Where?

vajeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I wanted to run seafoam through my engine to clean it out but i am not sure how to. Also how much should i run through it?

be sure to take a swig yourself....straightens the colon right out !!

The cans used in that vid were like 6 bucks each. I stumbled across them at the parts store when I was picking up an O2 sensor.

ya know i heard thats what it is actually made of...but i would stick with the stuff in the can cause you know its the best

question is did u notice a difference after the can?

No, not really.

But then, I had already dumped a can of that, some FI cleaner, and some other crap in the tank when I first got it due to it running rough... like 2 tanks of gas before the video.

And, for 6 bucks, it was entertaining.

My buddy in that video, with the Cruiser said his rig actually idled better after we were all done. He now swears by it.

how much "cleaning" would this really do on a 220,000 mile 4.0? Would it dislodge things I may not want, ie the proverbial finger in the dyke that is keeping oil from shooting out the old seals in my engine?

I dunno.

My 98 has 200K on it. The Cruiser, 196 K. Neither one saw any issues from it...

But then, I didn't put any in my oil. I've got low pressure (lower than I'd like) when coming off the freeway or sitting in traffic after running for a while. I didn't want the oil any thinner than it already was. My bud put it in his oil... but then, he's never noticed pressure issues. Still hasn't noticed any.

philip_g said:
it's all fun and games till the neighbors call the fire department on you.

I was worried about that.... but he's all like, "there is never anyone here during the day". Ok, then why did I see three people staring at us with the evil eye??? LOL

No one called the fire dept or police dept. If they did, we were gone by the time they showed up.

Back