• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long block description

TerryDean

NAXJA Forum User
I found a place in Dallas with very decent engine prices. On the PDF on their page they do not have the engine number but they do have the following descriptions. Would this be an engine for my 2k XJ?
American Motors
CubicInch=242
Description=#569, MFI

The site has a long block "Premium" (which means spin tested) for $840

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Premium Long Block
Long Block Assembly with New Rocker Arms and Push Rods installed and pre set. Engine is then spin-tested and pre run on Sim-Test Machine for proper oil flow, oil pressure & compression.
[/FONT]

Thats cheap... last time I checked my old Isuzu 4 banger motor was over 1200 for a longblock. From City Motor Supply in dallas

I dont think thats right.. Somthing is wrong there.. the year list up to 99.. since the 97-01 should have the same block. If I was you Id email them and get a direct answer. Because City Motor Supply is saying big differents I mean like 1225$ Id call around. I know their aint many junk yards in Mt Pleasant or Pittsburg if their is any. If their is its between Mt pleasant and Pittsburg near the airport. Usualy you have to post in a Ad what you are looking for. ThriftyNickel is your best bet but since they are not free try to go to longview and see what you can get there. Its up to you. I know you probley want to get a new rebuilt motor. Try to check around and see how much is it to get your rebuilt.

Back