• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Block warmer??

ya my buddies jeep was from canadia and because of that it had a block heater

CanMan said:
Correct.

There are other types of coolant heaters that tap into your upper or lower radiator hose. But, the block heater ones are more common.

Stick with the block heater version as the magnetic pads hold salt spray next to the oil pan and rot them out. The inline hose versions do end up screwing up your hoses and really don't circulate well. The block is the way to go on them, but it is the hardest to install. By the way it is 4 degrees Fahrenheit right now. lol Thank God for my wood burning furnace to keep my Jeep's warm.

Many stationary equipment especially those that used as emergency backup have heaters in the cooling system. They are inserted between the water pump and the water outlet from the head. They heat the water going in at the water pump which circulates through the block and head before exiting at the water outlet (thermostat housing) on the top of the engine. Most that I have seen keep the water between 70 and 80 degrees. In the cellular industry, 90% of the cell sites in the Northern states have backup generators with water heater. Actual installation varies depending on brand and model engine used.

My 90' has the block heater type, replaces a freeze plug. Cord hanging out the grille kept ppl guessing if it was a diesel and then I would start it and they knew it was....actually it was piston slap and a cracked flexplate...lol

Back