• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tradk bar bolt removal

bubba

NAXJA Forum User
I am installing a new adjustable track bar and I can't get the axle side bolt out of the bushing. I think it fused to the sleeve that is in there. The bolt spins in the bushing but I can't pull it out. Can I just cut it with my grinder and get a new bolt that fits and use that?

It might be seized to the bushing sleeve like the dreaded leaf spring problem.

since you can't really get to the back of the bolt to hit it and break it free I think your best bet is to cut it with a sawzall inside the bracket.
You'll destroy the busing and the bolt, but since you're replacing the trackbar anyway it's not a big deal.
You can get a new bolt at the hardware, it's nothing special. Just take the nut with the welded on tab to the store and be sure to get the right size
I had to do this with both my LCA's.
it sucks, the blade will melt the rubber bushing and it gets nasty.

Is the frame end still connected? It might just be bound up by the tension still on the bolt. First try to get a buddy to wiggle the steering wheel back and forth to take the load off the bolt while you pull her out...(or just remove the frame end mount).

One cut off wheel and two sawzall blades later I got the old one out and the new one in. And Death wobble fixed for now.

Back