• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bilstein parts(?)

Oatmeal

NAXJA Forum User
I just picked up a pair of 12" travel (used) 7100 remote reservoir shocks for my Toyota p/u at the aforementioned Toyota event (in Hemet!) only to find at home (Covina) that one has a stripped (and bent) rod where the heim end (which was also stripped) screws on. Is there any place (locally) that sells replacement parts (rod and end)? I found a place on line but, would like some place I could just order and pick up. This is in case the shop I bought them from dosen't make good.....I was told there was nothing wrong with them when I bought them but, the end was carefuly screwed on to conceal the damage. Thanks for any info you can offer--------Hans

Bilstein is in san diego and sells all parts individual. Grab the 7100 manual from their page and get a list of what parts you need - then give them a call. They are very very reasonable to work with.

cal said:
Bilstein is in san diego and sells all parts individual. Grab the 7100 manual from their page and get a list of what parts you need - then give them a call. They are very very reasonable to work with.
Yeah, I got this:http://www.bilstein.com/7100_Rebuild.pdf from here: www.shockwarehouse.com but, was hoping to find somewhere local. I'm hoping the guys I bought the shocks from will make good on it. How about getting the nitrogeon recharged, know anywhere? Thanks--------Hans

Oatmeal said:
Yeah, I got this:http://www.bilstein.com/7100_Rebuild.pdf from here: www.shockwarehouse.com but, was hoping to find somewhere local. I'm hoping the guys I bought the shocks from will make good on it. How about getting the nitrogeon recharged, know anywhere? Thanks--------Hans
Go to an airport and ask the aircraft maintenance guys. They usually have nitrogen tanks on hand.

cal said:

They are in Poway.
AND I'm still on thier 'racers support' program!!
Havn't ever raced with Bilstein gear, but they liked my buggy when I brought in down for some consultation work..

:D

Thanks for all the input guys but, I was able to get my money refunded......with much gnashing of teeth and vocal negotiating.....and threatening to post about their shenanigans on all the Toyota BBs I frequent:D--------Hans

Back