• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parking on the street (RANT)

WheelinJR

NAXJA Forum User
This has irritated me a few times. I live in an apartment complex. My apartment sits pretty close to a sidestreet, and gives me quick access to my patio, which works good for carrying anything heavy from my Jeep.

The last couple times that I moved stuff from my Jeep or to my Jeep was moving tires, and then moving my toolkits and parts bin.

There is an old green Ford truck that is parked on the street, and luckily enough right in front of the path to MY apartment. The truck never moves, never gets driven, and just sits there.

It's not a huge deal, but it gets annoying that every time I go to move something that same damn truck is there.

Isn't there some kind of law about how long a vehicle can sit parked on the street without moving? I thought about calling the sherriff's office to report it (hell it could be abandoned) but then I kind of figured I was just being an a-hole.

WheelinJR said:
This has irritated me a few times. I live in an apartment complex. My apartment sits pretty close to a sidestreet, and gives me quick access to my patio, which works good for carrying anything heavy from my Jeep.

The last couple times that I moved stuff from my Jeep or to my Jeep was moving tires, and then moving my toolkits and parts bin.

There is an old green Ford truck that is parked on the street, and luckily enough right in front of the path to MY apartment. The truck never moves, never gets driven, and just sits there.

It's not a huge deal, but it gets annoying that every time I go to move something that same damn truck is there.

Isn't there some kind of law about how long a vehicle can sit parked on the street without moving? I thought about calling the sherriff's office to report it (hell it could be abandoned) but then I kind of figured I was just being an a-hole.

I think most citys have some sort of ordinance against parking a vehichle on the street indefinitely. My neighbor got a notice in augest about leaving his truck parked, he was givan 3 days to move it or be towed.

A friend of mine got a similar notice one time for having too many vehichles on his property, They would have gotten daily fines instead of geting towed though.

I would recommend letting it go.. I wouldn't recomend starting that Karma circle..

Unless its been there for weeks. I had a neighbor call the police on my car. I was traveling on business. I keep the jeep in my driveway and park the kia on the street. I Live on a narrow dead end, so I part up the street where its wider.

Any hoot, my car almost got towed. I came back with a day to spare. They usually chalk the tires and if the marks don't move in three days they tow it.

I have a neighbor thats an A-hole. He knew it was my car, he just gets bent about the world..

If its been a three weeks, I would call. If its only been a week, you never know..

Back in NC I called the cops because there was a car very abandoned in front of my house. The cops used the tag # to contact the owner who promptly got off his a$$ to take care of it, but this was in a rural residential area where it was pretty obvious with no other cars parked on the street.

Any chance the truck has a DoD sticker? It would suck if it belonged to someone serving overseas who had to leave it there.

- Jay

see if the tabs are expired on it, if they are call the code enforcement to check it out, might be a rig left there by the previous tenant. the least they can do is put a notice to move it or be towed, i personaly would deal with it though. what goes around comes around

Jeep Parking Only

All others will be Winched.

:anon:

Back