• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cant find post

homebrew

NAXJA Forum User
Tried finding a post about how to meassure lift with cut fenders can someone point me in the right direction please.

Well, factory measurements are 17" rear and 17.5" front to bottom fender flares. Would it be possible to find another XJ with uncut fenders, find a common point between your rigs, then make the measurement from that point on yours? Body seam, top of hood and window?

On my 98, stock, from the bottom of the fender flare to the body seam it is 5.5". On the rear from the bottom of the fender flare to the body seam it is 8.75". So if from the center of the wheel to the bottom of the fender flare is 17.5" stock front, then add 5.5"
23" stock front from center of wheel to body seam and 25.75" rear measurments.
My 97 has a 3" lift so it SHOULD measure out 26 front and 28.75 rear. I will confirm this when I get home from work.
Hope this helps out.

Last edited:
Yes, I measured the 3" lift and it did come out correctly. 26" front and 28.75" rear.
You could also climb underneath and measure too.

Back