• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HD track bar

Neither of RE's track-bars use a TRE. The regular bar uses a heim: http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Products.aspx?Cn=271&Pn=1782&XnPath=173,180,251,271&Vid=F8FBD24255912

And the Extreme Duty uses their Super Flex orbital joint: http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Products.aspx?Cn=271&Pn=1796&XnPath=173,180,251,271&Vid=F8FBD24255912

The 1600 probably would be easiest to adapt since it is narrow and bound to fit. The 1660 may not due to the additional width of the joint. Have any measurements of the eye-to-eye space on Rusty's bracket?

How about I just sell you the Rustys trac bar that fits your bracket... I've got one fs without the bracket... :)

Edit: It is his most recent design that is supposed to be much stronger and its also still new and shiny! Its on my jeep in the front yard... still hasn't moved...

polar_jeep_04 said:
I have one thats about 3 months old and broke it saturday in a creek bed. got it fixed now I just dont want it to happen again

Was it the TRE that broke? If so how did you replace it? From Rusty or somewhere else? Just trying to get a feel for if the Rusty t-bars problems stem from the source he used for the TRE's or if they're just undersized for the job. Any idea what it uses? 9/16"x16?

yeah the threaded end of the TRE came out of the trac bar. I think the jam nut came loose and it poped put. didnt replace it cleaned the thread on the trail and put it back together

polar_jeep_04 said:
yeah the threaded end of the TRE came out of the trac bar. I think the jam nut came loose and it poped put. didnt replace it cleaned the thread on the trail and put it back together

Wow... That doesn't sound good. How do you adjust the length of this t-bar? Do you have to undo the TRE from the frame mount and then thread it in and out? If so, about how much thread goes into the t-bar tubing? Ideally you want 1.5 times the thread thickness for engagement. So as an example if the TRE shank was 1" you would want at least 1.5" of thread engagement. Reason I mention this is because it makes me wonder if you are using the bar on to tall of a lift than it was designed for.

Otherwise it had to skip out of all those threads to pop out, which just doesn't seem likely...

Yeah I had a rustys bar with around 8 inchs of lift and the threads were ALL the way in... It was just barely short enough... I've not had a problem with it.

its made for my amount of lift, but i think the long arm is to flexy for it and pulls on it. i dont know how much is threaded in I was to worried about getting it fixed and rolling on down the trail. I havent had a problem with it until then and it fine now I just dont want it to happen again. I was going to take measurments today but it has been raining since last night. what are the comun problems with these trac bar? I have heard alot of crap about them know id like to know what its all about.

polar_jeep_04 said:
its made for my amount of lift, but i think the long arm is to flexy for it and pulls on it. i dont know how much is threaded in I was to worried about getting it fixed and rolling on down the trail. I havent had a problem with it until then and it fine now I just dont want it to happen again. I was going to take measurments today but it has been raining since last night. what are the comun problems with these trac bar? I have heard alot of crap about them know id like to know what its all about.
Well I would keep an eye on it for the next few months. If it pulled out while off-road I would have to wonder what kind of condition the threads are on the rod end and the bar. If it was me I would check it once a week until you feel confident everything is staying put.

I have a 4 year old rustys with the 11/16 inch thread. i bent it until it broke three times. i went around to a coupple 4wd shops and i cant find a hiem joint to fit it, the threads are verry fine. i have thought about getting the jam nuts from rustys and just keep adding them until it was a sleeve, but they are three dollars each!(i am 16 years old and work at the mall, not too mutch cash)

Big Green XJ said:
I have a 4 year old rustys with the 11/16 inch thread. i bent it until it broke three times. i went around to a coupple 4wd shops and i cant find a hiem joint to fit it, the threads are verry fine. i have thought about getting the jam nuts from rustys and just keep adding them until it was a sleeve, but they are three dollars each!(i am 16 years old and work at the mall, not too mutch cash)

midwestcontrol.com!!! mxm series I believe. Way cheaper than the overpriced nonsense from the track bar mfgr. $15 each with deals if you buy multiple. I ran them on a Black diamond track bar. Good stuff, awesome price. Can't beat it with a stick!

Back