• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Bear Nov 23

paulhead

I overtighten $#!t
NAXJA Member
Theres a run I'm going on with some MJR guys (LINK)
never been on the trails they're talking about but I wanted to camp out friday night and run John Bull in the morning. Seeing if anyone here's interested.

Hey Paul,

I have a busy weekend, but I might try to come up.

Does not seem real organized. I ran 2N02 and Heartbreak Ridge a few weeks ago. Nice easy trails with nice views. Rattlesnake Canyon is rated moderate. I would not mind running it one day.

There is also talk on MJR about a Sat. John Bull run. That is a fun trail. They suppossedly have done some work to make it more fun.

I resommend rock rails if you run John Bull.

I will post over on MJR. There are several trails open on the nort/east side of the lake.

I will see if I confirm at least one day up there.

well it looks like me & the girls will be up there from Friday untill Sunday now, so i might tag a long for the JB run.

OK, I am pretty sure Sat is a go for me. Now I have to get out in the garage and make sure the Jeep is ready.... LOL

Not sure about the trails. My initial thought Gold Mountain and John Bull.

If I have to bring my wife's TJ and if my buddy comes in his YJ, we will probably run something pretty moderate. Maybe Gold Mountain and Jacoby Canyon or Heartbreak Ridge or Onyx, or Rattlesnake Canyon.

My buddy will be at my house for turkey tomorrow,... er today, and we will talk about it.

I will post up the actual run details tomorrow night or Friday morning.

Either way, I will be in Big Bear on Saturday for a day run!

mattyj said:
So what are your plans then Robert? You coming up?

My plans and desires are in a battle. Unfortunately, my desire is to go wheeling, but my plans are to take care of things around the house. So I will not (am not) in Big Bear this weekend after all. I am really bummed out about it. So last last night, I have a few beers and went to bed early.

One of the biggest reasons I am not going is I have a ton of things going on in Dec which will leave little time for normal house things. So cleaning the garage, decorating for Christmas, wrenching on the Jeep a little, attending 3 Christmas parties (hosting one), traveling to Georgia for a week, and still have to get my Christmas shopping done!

I hope to get up there the week of Christmas/New Years, at least for a day.

Sorry guys!

I had a fun morning doing JB backwards with Paul. We decided to run it that way as he is open,open on 33's. I must say he did really well.
Seems like they have done a lot of work lately up there. It really seemd alot easier than how it was a couple of months back. There was a definate groomed line through a lot of it. You still find some harder lines off to the sides but overall was easier...... but still fun.
I ran it again in the afternoon the regular way and there sure was a lot of traffic..... the price to pay for a beautiful day in the mountains!

mattyj said:
I had a fun morning doing JB backwards with Paul. We decided to run it that way as he is open,open on 33's. I must say he did really well.
Seems like they have done a lot of work lately up there. It really seemd alot easier than how it was a couple of months back. There was a definate groomed line through a lot of it. You still find some harder lines off to the sides but overall was easier...... but still fun.
I ran it again in the afternoon the regular way and there sure was a lot of traffic..... the price to pay for a beautiful day in the mountains!
Sounds like a nice mellow day in BB.

corbinafly said:
Sounds like a nice mellow day in BB.

Yeah, it was mellow compared to last weekend in JV.

Man, i dont know if i can get my "fix" in BB anymore........... I think i have a problem!

Thanx for showing up Matt, made my weekend worthwhile. Did your bro-in-law run Bull in the quad thingy? (forgot what its called)

mattyj said:
Yeah, it was mellow compared to last weekend in JV.

Man, i dont know if i can get my "fix" in BB anymore........... I think i have a problem!
You and me both!!!:firedevil

Back