• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

High Flow Cat

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
So im wanting to get a little more sound out of my exhaust and open it up a little bit. Im wanting to replace my stock cat (its about to go bye bye) with a high flow cat. Now the ones ive seen are like 160 bucks +. Anyone know of any that are a little cheaper?? also will converting to a hi flow cat and cutting my exhaust after the muffler and adding a turndown really make that much difference???

Look on ebay for high flow cats, as they are much cheaper than $160!!

I got mine from autozone or such for $68 you can see right through it. Before replacing it I was running a straight pipe but after with the straight pipe it was too loud. I got a universal and just welded it on, saved about $100

I got a Magnaflow universal, brand new for $20 plus shipping on e-bay, added a short pipe, welded in an O2 sensor bung from Napa. total cost under $50. Not much change in sound, maybe alittle, but old cat was trashed so who knows..

Try asking around your local exhaust shops. My whole exhuast from the down pipe back included mandrel bent pipe from the down pipe a high flow cat, a flowmaster 40, and a rear dynomax super turbo muffler all for 200$ welded on. I am not sure the brand of cat, but try that. I hope this helps!

Hey Cory, what brand cat are you looking at? If i'm not mistaken you've got a flowmaster muffler on yours right? Try looking at the Magnaflow.....can be had for under $100 from Summit Racing.

Thats the one I plan on getting in the near future....hoping that will solve my check engine light issues i've been chasing for about 2 years now.

If you want to hear what it sounds like with a flowmaster: http://videos.streetfire.net/video/wm/9556bd40-ba41-4a36-8512-99df017f7837.htm

jeeper01 said:
Try asking around your local exhaust shops. My whole exhuast from the down pipe back included mandrel bent pipe from the down pipe a high flow cat, a flowmaster 40, and a rear dynomax super turbo muffler all for 200$ welded on. I am not sure the brand of cat, but try that. I hope this helps!
so you have 2 mufflers? why? and that's gotta be restrictive.

Back