• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JK Dana 44

WaXJ_Skier

NAXJA Forum User
Does this sound like a worth while upgrade from a Dana 30. I only bring this up because they are only $1499.00 from 4x4 group buy right now. They come with a factory locker too.

Yes, but the brackets will need to be reworked, they're not bolt in.

But you could buy a used 44 for much cheaper and probably save between $700-$1000. Also, the bolt pattern is different; JKs use 5x5 bolt pattern. I guess if you'd rather spend more money and not deal with rusty parts, I can't blame you.

The only advantage really is the ring and pinion. IIRC They use the outers from the JK Dana 30.

Then you have to go to the trouble of changing all the control arm mounts, trackbar brackets, and so on.

WheelinJR said:
The only advantage really is the ring and pinion. IIRC They use the outers from the JK Dana 30.

Then you have to go to the trouble of changing all the control arm mounts, trackbar brackets, and so on.

I knew about the 5 on 5" thing and the brackets, the outer 30 thing I didn't know about and really defeats the point.

Is running a Dana 60 front and a 44 rear wrong?

Why are you so worried about your Dana 30 anyways Joe? Get yourself some 297 alloy shafts and call it good. You're not gonna break it on 33's and you're gonna have to whale on it pretty hard on 35's to break it

I believe they are wider too, but I may be wrong.

WheelinJR said:
Why are you so worried about your Dana 30 anyways Joe? Get yourself some 297 alloy shafts and call it good. You're not gonna break it on 33's and you're gonna have to whale on it pretty hard on 35's to break it

I'd rather have something I don't have to worry about breaking.

the jk axles are 63" wide, the 44's have 32 splne shafts, the d30's have 27 spline inners and 32spline outers, the 30's also have a bigger r&p so ya can go to 5.13 gears

Back