• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another cheap stock sway bar mod...

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
ok ok so heres a cheap way i extended my sway bars for like 20$ at picknpull. god, i feel just like the guys that do write ups on black abs snorkels....
trust me, i could id order jks quicker disco's, but im broke as shit plus i love picknpull, im like a kid in the candy store there...
i noticed newer xj's have like 1.5" longer front sway bar links while rummaging the xj's on thurs, so i pulled 2 off with their bushings and threw em on my 89xj with a 3.5" front(and 33's) with stock links that rub on coils along with doubling up the bushings(bottom only) to get about 2" more outta it.
ok, so is doubling up the bottom bushings for r-tards or is it safe?
seems fine to me...
i also picked up 2 rear sway bar axle mounts for "free" to use as upper bar pin eliminators on the rear shocks as well which work great, along with a 8$ tranny mount in perfect shape, and some 80's turbo somethin's hood vents for extra cooling...that look amazing on the xj

I think its a decent idea, it doesnt make taking them on and off any quicker really. Before I got discos I switched my bushings to thicker poly ones which in effect moved up the sway bar enough to support a 3in lift which i had at the time.

yah, still no quick disco, i always unbolt it at top, its not that bad, i keep a 15mm ratcheting wrench in the glovebox, it makes quick work of it......as for discos i was thinking replacing the bottom torx bolt with a trailer hitch pin

Back