• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JKS Hub Spacer

Lowrange2

NAXJA Forum User
Alrighty, So I just got my spacer in the mail to finish my WJ conversion. I've been told to weld the spacer to the knuckle... WHy?

The only reason I can come up with is so that the bolts aren't the only thing supporting the hub. Before the spacer - the flange on the hub fit snuggly into the knuckle but after spacing it out the flange on the hub no longer reaches the knuckle. By welding the spacer to the knuckle you essentially make it one piece and then the flange on the hub serves a purpose again.

Is it definitly suggested to weld it? And - can you weld mild steel to what ever cast material the knuckle is made of?

Cal - what ya got for me?!

Weld IT!!! I just turned the heat up on the mig and put 3 1.5" beads on the sides to the knuckle... By the time you have the first 1/4" laid down the rest of the knuckle is up to temp to weld to..

I had mine MIG welded as well. About the same amount as above as well. Took it to a welder seen as it was working with cast and my father hadn't much experience welding to cast in the past.

Back