• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 Axle seal replacement

krelja

NAXJA Forum User
The passenger side axle seal is leakin pretty good and I want to replace it when I do the brakes. Are there any special tools or tricks I should know of the make this process easier or is it just a matter of getting the old one out and pressing a new one in. I have found write-ups for the D30 but not the 8.25

any tool needed to pull and install the seal. I've never done it before so I just want to be sure when I pull it all apart.

If you are replacing the wheel bearing, you will need a slide hammer to get the old one out.

If you are just replacing the seal, a pry bar and some alpha sierra sierra will knock it right out of there. EDIT, clean the mating surface, smear A LITTLE rtv around the surface, and tap it on with a hammer. DON"T bang it on there, just tap, tap, tap it in. Then put a little lube on the seal surface itself, as not to damage it when you slide the shaft back in there.

Otherwise, just common hand tools to get the diff cover open, and an 8mm 6-point socket or wrench to get the cross shaft out? Or maybe it's a roll pin? I can't remember. It's a simple job.

Same idea as this. http://www.stu-offroad.com/axle/d35/d35-1.htm

Last edited:
Back