• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

removing shift lever/dustboot

Oizarod115

NAXJA Forum User
how do you get the "shift lever extension" off of the "shift lever" in order to remove the "dustboot" and the "shift lever"?
i know alot of yall have replaced BA10s so hopefully someone can shed some light on this situatioin...
gracias,
nick

Just pull up the decorative boot, get to the screws holding the splash boot down (the flat one on the tranny tunnel,) and then remove the three (I think) screws holding the shift lever retainer down, and remove as a unit.

I've not figured out how to separate the two parts otherwise, but that's about the easiest way to handle the problem.

5-90

thanks, im trying to fill up the fluid and i was told this is the easiest way to get it done... and it would be easy if i could get it apart!
ill go try that.

Not necessarily.

Problem most Peugeot gearbox owners run into is finding something to drive the drain and fill plugs - they're 8m/m square drive.

Easy way? Get a cheap-o 8m/m hex key and grind two opposite corners down until you get a rough square - it might take a few tries. Then, you can use that to grip the inside of the plug and turn it.

How do I know? What do you think I did?

Oh - get a Plews suction gun - it not only makes filling your transmission easier, but also filling your axles and your transfer case. Bloody useful thing, and well worth the money you'll spend on it (I think I paid ~$15 for mine...)

5-90

pete m from mancheclub told me get a 3/8 drive extension and grind that down to use, (howd he know? same as you probly ;) ) but yea either way its the same thing...
dont have 15 bucks which is why they suggested this way though... cant figure out the size on the three bolts you mentioned 10 to loose 3/8 to small 9 to small, 11/32 to small... (maybe my 10mm open ended is bad?)

Back