• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clutch pedal engagement

dennisgrimm

NAXJA Forum User
Just last weekend I replaced my clutch, throwout bearing, and pilot bearing. The flywheel was in good shape, so I just took some fine sand paper to it and scuffed it up. Bolted it all back together and it seems to work ok.

Here is the thing:

Before replacing the clutch the pedal felt heavy and the clutch enagament was low.

Now the clutch move much more freely (makes sense, I lubed the release bearing mechanism while in there) and the clutch engagement is near the top of the pedal travel.

At first I thought the change in clutch engagement points on the pedal was due to the new clutch. But the more I think about it, a new clutch would do the opposite, wouldn't it? By having a new (thicker) clutch it would move the pressure plate fingers further forward and the release bearing would have to move further to release the clutch.

What am I missing here? Is it normal for the clutch engagement point to move a lot up the pedal travel? If it is.... why?

Back