• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no start

scottyrock

NAXJA Forum User
This morning My jeep wouldn't start. I juggled the shifter in P and N and still nothing,Disconnected the batery a few times and it finally started. If the NSS is bad will it not start in N or should it start in neatral no mater what??When it wouldn't start with the key in the on position I had no power to the windows,locks,radio,nothing.91 I6 aw4 4x4

Last edited:
if the nss is bad it might or might not start in N. If you had no power I would suspect the battery or corroded or loose cables.

I would start by cleaning all ground and power connections to bare or shiny metal and check the cables as well. By no start initially, did the engine crank over? Click like crazy? what were your other symptoms, sounds, guage/voltmeter readings? I don't wanna sound all crazy and indepth but what else was there?

Thanks for the info guys.When it did it the first time I giggled the shifter and it fired.I stopped to get some of this high dollar gas they are sticking us with and when I turned the key there was nothing.No click,no power to windows,locks radio,clock nothing. I let it set for a few minutes and played with the battery terminal and nothing. Then all of the sudden bam, it fired.When I first bought it the windshield was leaking.I resealed it and wonder if the ignition may have gotten wet and now that it is dry may be corroding.I am on my way out to check all connections. Volt meter gauge is running in the middle ar 14.

Last edited:
Back