• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are these shocks acceptable substitutes?

Undeclared

NAXJA Forum User
I am about to put on a 2" BB from RRO. I am going to install BPE's also. Innitially I was going to use stock shocks and just remove the bar pins. Bought some new Monroe Sensatrac's and it looks like the bar pins are going to be a PITA to remove. So I decided to look throught the Monroe cataloge to see if they had a similar shock with loop ends where i needed them. Here is what I found:

Part # 37243 (substitute for front shock) has the same top connection as stock, and a 5/8" loop bottom. Comp Lngth=13.00, Ext Lngth 21.5
The travel length is almost .75" greater than stock. Only thing I am not sure of is the fastener package it comes with, P1137 vs. P1136 stock.

Part # 37073 (substitute for rear) has 5/8" loop connection top and bottom. Comp L = 13.0, Ext. L = 20.75.
Main difference over stock is that it has .25" less comp length.

Now for my question. Will these work. Figure they would save me a lot of time not having to remove the BPs from the OEM fit shock.

I removed mine by using dawn dish soap, Hammer and vise grips and they popped right out. Reverse the procedure and they will go right in.

Cody

I just removed bar pins from sensatrac's all you do is take an angle grinder or sawzall and cut the one side off then grab the other side with some channel locks and pull em right out - piece of cake you just have to get new bushings because the BPE's are larger in diameter:moon:

Back