• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moving Front Sway Bar Mounts

Cipey

NAXJA Forum User
My sway bar is rubbing against my springs. I thought that addi
ng a trac bar mount drop and new adjustable control arms would help by pushing the axle forward. It helped a little bit but no much. (I couldn't afford a new trac bar and mount, but I am going to purchase the Rusty's trac bar to match my steering conversion) So what i am thinking of doing is moving the sway bar mount just the length of the mount itself, meaning by making the forward most mounting bolt positio then rear hole and tapping a new forward position.

Has anyone done this? Will it have much affect on my steering?
Any other ideas?

Thanks

Cipey

You can use a section of 3/16x2x4 channel x ~4 long.
On one rail, drill holes to match the frame. On the opposite rail, drill holes to match the sway-bar mounts. The distance between the two sets of hole will be how far you move the sway-bar. The 4" wide channel will result in a 4" drop of the sway-bar.
I have a set that came with a 5" Tomkin lift I bought years ago.
The only thing I have left of that lift:soapbox: is the sway-bar drop brackets, described above.

BRIANHO13 said:
I relocated my mounts to the trash.

any problem with driving on the street...any wobble? I'm not looking for that kind of wheel drop in mine, daily driver and all.

Thanks

Cipey

Cipey said:
any problem with driving on the street...any wobble? I'm not looking for that kind of wheel drop in mine, daily driver and all.

Thanks

Cipey

I really don't think it's that big of a deal to pull it, a lot of people do. Yes, it does drive a little different, but I got used to it.

Back