• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does anybody recognize this front bumper on my XJ?

tribaltalon

NAXJA Forum User
i'm trying to figure out what it is.. there's no id on it, all it says is S. Africa on the stinger which leads me to think its a brand, not homebrew..

cherokee.jpg

the sliders also look similiar to the front bumper. i'd like to find out if there's a rear bumper that goes with it, so i can see what it looks like and copy it :viking:

No offense, but "copying" someone's design is kinda lame when they're the ones who put the work into the design. Also it lacks originality and creativity, but whatever floats your boat.

Oh, and I have no idea who's bumper it is. It looks one-off.

Almost looks like Protofab without the side pieces, but more like home made.

Protofab is much nicer! http://www.protofab4x4.com/products.php?ID=00&ID2=28

The sliders look like SuperNerfs, now available by JKS - pricey, but awesome. Of course, they could be a different brand or home-made as well.

Last edited:
dont get bent out of shape.. I just wanted to see if the manufacturer of the front bumper had a rear bumper design too that i could make my own based off of. I am going to modify the front bumper to carry my winch, and maybe extend the sides back a little to protect the fender and tie into the frame again. I already have a design for the rear bumper, just wanted to see if there was already one out that i could compare to. I dont have the money to spend 500-1k on a bumper/tirecarrier. :) does look VERY similiar to the Protofab, though.

Back