• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country 4.5" Kit

BLACK99XJCLASSIC

NAXJA Forum User
I want the RC 4.5" lift and I will be getting it with the AAL.(Just until a buddy of mine gets me some full leafs real cheap). My only concern is that I will have the AAL for about 8 months. Will they be ok for a while or will they sag shortly. Also will the tcase drop be enough or will I need an SYE? Any other things I will need? Thanks.

This jeep just had a t-case drop but the right way would be to get a SYE. This is the 4.5" RC with full packs, and 35" tires.

IMG_0445.jpg

when i bought my jeep it had the RC 4.5 inch kit, with the AAL and they had been on there for over a year with no noticeable sagging. I was surprised there was no noticeable sagging, especially since he towed his pop up camper almost weekly. However, when I replaced them I noticed that the previous owner had also installed an overload leaf when he added the AAL. Personally I like the RC kit. The only thing I did to my kit was replace the shocks (they were busted), replaced the AAL with full leafs, and then I ditched trac bar bracket, and just bought an adjustable trac bar. Depending on how hard you wheel you might be just fine with the AAL ( but the ride is rough ).

Before you buy, contact GRIMUS99XJ on here. He is the Rough Country rep that is always on here and he can get you a better deal then anyone else out there...that is unless that are giving it away free! Jason is a cool guy and will shoot you straight and will take care of any issues that may arise after the sale. I have ran multiple RC items and have no major complaints. The AAL's will sag over time, but hell, they all do. If you needed to use them to buy time, then go for it. As far as the t-case drop, it is a half ass way to go, but it will get ya by for the time being, but I would highly suggest getting a SYE. You will probably get posts from guys saying to buck up and buy eeryhing right up front, but hey, some of us understand that we are all not made of money. Build as you can afford it and just dont abuse something that has a weak link that you aware of.

GetAttachment.aspx

Here is what started out as a Rough Country 4.5 then I added 2" pucks and blocks and it clears 33's pretty easy, but I have trimmed about 1 1/2 inches or better from teh front fenders. The kit probably sets just a little highger then a new 4.5 kit b/c teh springs have sagged and settled, but hey, it is a 6 year old kit. I have since added to and taken away from the kit, but I abused the hell out of it before I started swapping parts and I started with the kit being used in the first place. Sad part is now that the rig is being dismantled due to a blown motor and it has other issues...but stay tuned for the next project!

heres my xj with the RC 4.5" WITH FULL LEAVES...very happy but had to add some extended brake lines and a rustys trac bar [bracket comes loose too often] if i had to do it again, i'd go with the rustys full leaf kit, just about the same price but with the trac bar and brake lines.

l_80e5a1eef0c02dbdb74579ecee635e4d.jpg

Talk to Jason at RC. Spoke with him on the phone for a good 30 mins while he answered all my questions. IMO, go with the new 4.5 kit they are offering. Comes with upper and lower control arms, a trackbar, brakelines and a bunch of other stuff the current 4.5 does not. The cost is $799 with leaf packs minus the Naxja 10% discount (so about $720.) I had a RE 3.5 on my last XJ and it was alright. Looking forward to a new RC 4.5 in the next few weeks.

Sleeper Aero said:
Talk to Jason at RC. Spoke with him on the phone for a good 30 mins while he answered all my questions. IMO, go with the new 4.5 kit they are offering. Comes with upper and lower control arms, a trackbar, brakelines and a bunch of other stuff the current 4.5 does not. The cost is $799 with leaf packs minus the Naxja 10% discount (so about $720.) I had a RE 3.5 on my last XJ and it was alright. Looking forward to a new RC 4.5 in the next few weeks.

The new 4.5 kit is fully loaded and I can get to just about anywhere in the lower 48 for right at 800.00 shipped set the amount aside this kit has taken me some time to get approved but we are good to go for now
If anyone has any questions about this kit feel free to contact me

Back