• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear driveshaft bearing

alek

NAXJA Forum User
my jeep has been making a weird white noise when i drive, even sometimes as slow as 2 MPH. as of recent, i was able to find out what the problem was.

where my driveshaft connects to the rear differential, there is a bearing, and that bearing has to be replaced. i'm being told from some repair shops that it's going to cost around $2,000 because the rear axle is going to have to be replaced. is there a specific way to AVOID replacing the rear axle, and just pull the rear driveshaft bearing, and then reseat the NEW bearing back?

$2,000 is a bit heavy right now, and i wanted to know if there was an alternate way to go about replacing this bearing without having to put on a new rear axle.

thanks.

what kind of axel. yoyu can get d35 for almost free from a lot of people. there lieing al over the place. i know of a d44 4 sale right now thats locked with disk brakes for 800... 2 grand is rediculous!

Tell us where you live and see if you can get a reference for a reputable shop.

Back