• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AMC Header

hagermanfolley

Builder
I have been looking at headers on Ebay, and they all say 97-2000. Was there a change in exhaust manifold design in 2001? Has anyone tried puting one of these on a 2001, any porblems? Thanks

the 00-01 head has narrowed exhaust ports and a two-piece, cast iron exhaust manifold.

the tubular exhaust manifolds from 91-99 will bolt on, but they won't match the narrowed ports of the 00-01 cylinder head (#0331).

The 0331 cylinder head and iron dual-outlet manifold were created to reduce emissions, along with the DIS ignition. They aren't really interchangeable with other years, the 00-01 cylinder head and exhaust manifold are made for each other.

Rugged Ridge does make a dual-outlet header for the Wrangler, it might work on a Cherokee. The 0331 head continued into 2005.

http://www.tellico4x4.com/product_info.php/cPath/145_148_150/products_id/27001

Last edited:
Buy an APN

Lancey3 whay is an APN and where do you find them? do they worrk on the 2001?

I am not sure if there is a difference between 2000 and 2001, but I have been running a Banks Torque Tube on my 2000 for over 3 years now. I just got a littel leak last weekend. I may have hit it on a rock or something. I will be checking it out this weekend.

The header is nice but a PITA to install!

Good Luck!

Back