• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rustys lifts

I've always had good luck with Rustys products and service. I have his rear springs (3 years with no sag), shackles, shocks, and skidplates on mine right now. Some people will harp about his stuff not being hardcore enough or bad service. I have no such bad luck.

Good products at a fair price.

YMMV,
Crunch

I have to agree I have Rusty's 3" and Had his 4.5" lift on for 3 year and have moved on to the 6.5" LA and am very happy with it...

Andy in Co. said:
What do all of you think about Rustys lift kits 3" or the 4.5 " ?
Also has anyone used there other products?

You didnt state your intended use/expectations.If your just looking for a good/reasonably priced kit go with Rusty's.If you want max flex then go with the RE Superflex kit w/ the XD Trackbar!

I've been running his 3" AAL kit for about 2 years. works pretty good, the coils are great. The shocks are pretty soft but they ride good. Seems to be lasting so far. I don't have any experience with the replacement rear leaf springs, but I hear they're nice as well.
The AAL worked good for me, started out at about 4" and sagged to 3" over the first year. hasn't sagged any more so I'm pleased with it.

Be sure to order U bolts too if they don't come in the kit.

I also have Rusty's 3" AAL and coils. Worked very well for me and what I do. My wife and 3 kids try to find a trail or a mud hole about every other weekend. Nothing real crazy. Rusty gave me good products and real patience after the sale on the phone. I popped my cherry putting this lift on and he took the time to answer all my ?'s. People harp about his stuff sometimes, but for the price you can't beat the products and the service. My.02.

I have installed 3, 3" aal kits and each of them love them. i have had his 3", 4.5" and other products and am happy with all of them.

If price is no object then I would also consider the OME kit at that height it is probably the best kit available. but for bang for buck I do not think that Rusty's 3" kit can be beat.

Michael

if you want to remove the rear sway bar then dont go with his rear springs they will sag very fast if ya wheel it alot. i broke the main leaf on the driver side. and if ya ever carry anythin in the back forget about it they are to soft for that. front coils. i had one sag like 2in more than the other in a matter of a month and the other broke the top winding off the coil. but i lurned my lesson and i am happy to say my rig is free of all rustys parts.

WIll

Rusty's parts are mostly street-wear. If you do a search you'll find tons of broken Rusty crap. If you want a REAL off road capable kit, go with RE. No one will argue with that.

Alright I beg to differ ask around I wheel my rig hard and I have run Rusty for 4 years and put the 6.5" Long arm on before Tellico and I have never had one of his parts break..

Every company out there will sometimes have a defective part or not meet ones expectations on what they thought they were getting. I happen to like Teraflex myself but I would never say it's above all else out there. As far as Rusty's? I have a friend who runs his 3" lift and loves it. You asked about his other products? I purchased his heavy duty cross bar mount and T-case skid plate and feel very comfertable dragging my belly across rocks any day. To me not only is the product important but customer service and warrenty replacement. They are the nicest people I have ever talked with, very good in there Tech help department. Plus when they tell you what day they are going to ship it they do just that, not like others I have delt with where they lie to you just to get the committed sale while you play the waiting game and unanswered return phone calls. And no I am not a Rusty's employee, just an XJ owner who wants to build a safe and strong rig.

When you call a company named Rusty's Offroad Products and a guy named Rusty answers the phone, that tells you the company is dedicated to customer service. He is one of the nicest guys you'll talk to. Shipping is hit and miss, but not too bad. The parts are good. He had a 2 year sag warranty plus, if something breaks, he will fix it.

The only problem I have had with Rusty's is his trac-bar.. everything he makes is good except if it has to do with steering or anything in that nature.. dont buy his trac bar, buy RE'S! Everything else is good, i have is 6 inch springs, good flex, his control arms, all have done well... but his new long arm kits are superb, my friend just got the 6.5 inch LA it has some sick flex!

my $.02

Max

Back