• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's the best setup?

Curtgh

NAXJA Forum User
Hey,I have an 89 xj and I want to set it up to be an awesome rockcrawler, but I am worried that I want to set it up too high. I need you just to tell me what the best setup is for an xj as a rock crawler. I was thinking about 6" lift short arm system with 35" tires. I know that the long arm system will give it a little more flex, but I still want to drive it on the road and I don't need it too squirly. please put in your two cents worth.

Long arms will make it much less squirly... short arms and that angle put too much upward force into your mounts and makes for a rougher ride... take the time to do research, pick out a decent long arm kit, and go from there.

Then maybe I'll see you wheelin up in Abbeyville or Calhoun Falls

If you are wanting to build a rockcrawler, start with the basics. You want to make sure you have recovery points and armor, or you will destroy your rig quickly. After you have all the basics then work on the lift.
Keep in mind 35's are very hard on axles. You will need either good strong axles or spare shafts, gears, and lockers are always helpful.

Look at your budget and build as it allows, but start with armor and recovery points.

wrong forum..

How many forums are you going to duplicate this post in? This advice has been given at least 1/2 a bazillion time on NAXJA......you've come to the right place, now use the Search tab up top.

Back