• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

seats

What is the question?

Get some new seats or go to the salvage yard and get some used seats or get some covers for your seats.............................................................

there is one on every forum.
the question is: Can anyone recommend a decent seat swap they have done into an XJ? i.e. something that has worked for you, is ergonomic and visually appealing.

And: Do seats from A ZJ fit?

And: Has anyone found a good bolt in seat from other makes or models?

I just got the adjustable suspension seats put out by Smittybilt. They look just like the Mastercraft ones but at less than 1/2 the price (I actually got mine for $195 each OTD).

Anyway, I have never had anything other than stock seats before, so I really don;t have much to compare to, but I have to say, these seats are crazy comfortable and they look great.

Yes ZJ seats will work. I love junkyard parts, I just hesitate with interior stuff, as I imagine some cigarette-smelling, dog-hair covered, laid some heffer on it seats that i'm dropping my french-fries on while i'm driving. It's probably just me being a wuss. I'm sure lots of people have gotten great seats out of the junkyard.

Good luck!

P.S. you can have my old seats if you want them (shipped on your dime). They're maroon and in great shape and i'm married so you can bet nobody's been laid on them in a looooong time!

Dzl DV8 said:
there is one on every forum.
the question is: Can anyone recommend a decent seat swap they have done into an XJ? i.e. something that has worked for you, is ergonomic and visually appealing.

And: Do seats from A ZJ fit?

And: Has anyone found a good bolt in seat from other makes or models?

One what on every forum?????????

You see when you asked your question clearly you got answers. If you did that in the first place you would not have wasted everyone's time that read it and tried to figure out what you wanted to know.

You knew exactly what the question was or you would not have respond with the glib remark
Jess said:
Get some new seats or go to the salvage yard and get some used seats or get some covers for your seats.............................................................

You were just burning bandwidth being a smart-azz and had nothing useful to add other than your post count.

I didn't think all ZJ seats fit - also, there's a year break where newer XJ seats don't fit older XJs, IIRC. Unfortunately I don't remember the details, but hopefully someone else will post the relevant info.

Also, it seems like I read somewhere that some non-XJ seats fit if you put them on the XJ rails/frame from your old seats, but I don't remember what model - anybody know?

Back