• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

*Front* 8.25 on Ebay???

Skits

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone ever heard of such? Guy claims its possibly a prototype...hmmm.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=110156909954&indexURL=0#ebayphotohosting

825vp9.jpg

showmethemuddd said:
It's low pinion tho, so whats the advantage?
None IMO
I'd run a HP30 anyday over that mopar front. haha how much is he asking, I don't wan't to click on it. For all that trouble, you can buy a HP44 center sect...

RyanM said:
None IMO
I'd run a HP30 anyday over that mopar front. haha how much is he asking, I don't wan't to click on it. For all that trouble, you can buy a HP44 center sect...

Has a buy it now price of $600. Not a bad price imo, but once you break it, where you gonna get replacement parts?I'm still running the 8.25 in the rear of my jeep, and it's taken a beating for sure it would be cool to have matched axles, but again, its l/p and no-one is gonna have replacement parts for a one off prototype.

showmethemuddd said:
Has a buy it now price of $600. Not a bad price imo, but once you break it, where you gonna get replacement parts?I'm still running the 8.25 in the rear of my jeep, and it's taken a beating for sure it would be cool to have matched axles, but again, its l/p and no-one is gonna have replacement parts for a one off prototype.
Looks like 3" tubes obviously, with dana 30 inner c's, so its probably a 27 spline(even worse) and running all Dana 30 parts.....

RyanM said:
Looks like 3" tubes obviously, with dana 30 inner c's, so its probably a 27 spline(even worse) and running all Dana 30 parts.....

That, and he says there's no inner seals for it, I wonder if the housing is even machined for them or not.

IntrepidXJ said:
no....they would just be weaker than a HP in the front becausze they would drive on the coast side.....just like the LP dana 30

Good point, HP is always stronger than the same axle in a LP for the front, I do not see any advantage to that 8.25 at all although the history of it may be interesting.

that appears to be a combination of a dana 30 l/p and a 8.25.

interesting though it is, I don't think it would be a good item to add to a vehicle that's used. would be interesting on a show jeep though.

Back