• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What products do you want to see next?

AJsArmor

NAXJA Forum User
Eventhough we're swamped with work, I'm always looking ahead and trying to find something new to dive into. I think it's stupid though for me to just say, "hey we're offering this, buy it!". Customers have helped us develop our best selling products so there's no better source than that.

So throw me some ideas of what you'd like to see being built that already isn't.

when getting off camber on trails theres always a tree on you low side...you ether tip into the tree and ride it adding more pretty pinstriping...how about a mountable bar or etc running on the roof were the luggage mounts are front to rear so a buddy can pull the opposite direction to help from tipping/or a winching adaptor of some kind to use the trees when by yourself...does this make sinse...just a thought

dallas xjs said:
when getting off camber on trails theres always a tree on you low side...you ether tip into the tree and ride it adding more pretty pinstriping...how about a mountable bar or etc running on the roof were the luggage mounts are front to rear so a buddy can pull the opposite direction to help from tipping/or a winching adaptor of some kind to use the trees when by yourself...does this make sinse...just a thought

like gutter rail guards? I think that is what they are called. It makes sense.

dallas xjs said:

The roof is made of aluminum foil and the gutter rails are only so strong i'd be interested in seeing how it was mounted. Good idea tho. What did you have in mind for mounting?

What time is it in Texas?

Roof rails with or without a rooftop rack would be interesting...

What about a brush guard, you and many others make great bumpers but theres not that many options for a simple guard to keep brush out of the grill/headlights for those of us that just use our rigs on fireroads, etc? Something based off the tow hook mounts that would work with the stock bumper would be sweet.

Here's one that will be a challenge!!!
Create these items and sell them at a price that is bargain basement, still allowing for you to profit. Go for Quantity and not Profit only!
It seems that everything is so far out there for many, that for us (those with very limited budgets...), can afford to enjoy buying things to put on!
Make a living, but maybe see it as a chance to get more cutomers than the other guy based on quantity of customers, not quality?

sprngfldxj said:
Create these items and sell them at a price that is bargain basement, still allowing for you to profit. Go for Quantity and not Profit only!
It seems that everything is so far out there for many, that for us (those with very limited budgets...), can afford to enjoy buying things to put on!
Make a living, but maybe see it as a chance to get more cutomers than the other guy based on quantity of customers, not quality?
Yeah AJ's more reasonable than a lot of those guys already.

sprngfldxj said:

I'd rather spend the extra $ and get quality products. Most of the stuff he makes is for armor, ya know? I don't wanna throw a cookie sheet underneath my XJ and call it a skid plate.

EvanH said:
I'd rather spend the extra $ and get quality products. Most of the stuff he makes is for armor, ya know? I don't wanna throw a cookie sheet underneath my XJ and call it a skid plate.

Shit! I've seen some damn tough cookie sheets. Some will even hold 16 cookies! I agree, I'm on a budget but I'd still rather quality over price! but on the other hand a non-greedy person can make quality stuff at a low price if he chooses. Steel prices are very high right now which makes that all the more difficult.

dallas xjs said:
what about a hydro-steer mount kit for a well built 30/its 10:00 here in Texas and the ice cream is melting

I like the steering bracketry idea.

ah i thought you were 2 hours behind... It was 8 when i was posting earlier and i thought i was still dark over there and you was on NAXJA that early...lol The ice cream melted yesterday here... its 102* outside now and the heat index is at 107* the humidity is horrible... I'd love to be in dry texas right now.

sprngfldxj said:

You don't fully understand the cost of supplies or amount of labor that goes into these products. You can be pretty sure Aj's not getting rich on bumpers and rockrails.

cal said:
You don't fully understand the cost of supplies or amount of labor that goes into these products. You can be pretty sure Aj's not getting rich on bumpers and rockrails.

X2, The statement by Sprngfidxj I'm sure made by guy that has never ran a business...... A successful business.
AJ's, keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Back