• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lug nuts

jdxj

NAXJA Forum User
Got some rockcrawler wheels. Black. The chrome lug nuts just don't look right. Has anyone found any black ones? I searched both here and google. but not much luck unless I want to get racing ones $150ish

Jess said:
spray can from WalMart is only about $1.
Already done that but every time I put them on or tighten them the paint rubs off. Painting them on the wheel is a pain in the AS&.

:peace: Looking for a more permanant solution.

KMJXJ said:
get them powder coated it would be pretty cheap and that stuff is strong
Sweet idea thanks

Paint them black, let it dry in the sun for a day or two, and then cover them in clear nail polish - it will help stop the paint from getting fubard by the lug wrench.

cal said:
Paint them black, let it dry in the sun for a day or two, and then cover them in clear nail polish - it will help stop the paint from getting fubard by the lug wrench.

in my best Liberace voice
"that is sooooo cute"

i got some all-black ones from my local carquest in the dorman brand(they came in little orange boxes as a set of 10). they had to order them, but i had them by the next day. they were only around 40 bucks total for 20.

Thanks guys I'll check out some of these ideas.

Back