• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 seat question

th3godf4th3r said:
What leather seats will fit into my 99 that dont require a bunch of moding? both front and rear?

AFAIK, '97-up should work - but as the leather seats were always powered, check first that you have the harness to run them under the carpet.

2000 and 2001 got heated leather, though I'm not sure if a '99 harness would have power for more than just the seat motors.

th3godf4th3r said:
your talking about the harness for the power cloth seats? if i dont have power seats is there any way add on power seats?

AFAIK, the cloth seats were never powered though I could be wrong.

There should be a harness under the carpet for the leather seats (always powered) that they should just plug into. My understanding is that not all years got this particular harness, however, so check for it before tearing your seats out.

so if it doesnt have power seats can it be wired for them?

also wheres a good place to pick up a set? any place online to buy them new? i just dont really like cloth at all

Seats from a WJ fit. You have to swap out seat bases (rails) from your XJ to the WJ seats.

I'd opted for some seat from a WJ in the Laredo trim, in my seat swap. You still get leather, but you don't get the power recline feature; which you don't need any way. You can recline those seats with the tug of a lever, like the one currently on you XJ. The fore and aft movement is still controlled by the XY seat rails, so no need to power anything....

ok so the WJ seat rails just bolt right into place or is there some modification? also is there anyway to wire power seats if it didnt come with them?

I just put power leather WJ seats in 2001's to be exact. I was not able to just simply switch the bases cause all to motors and such are on the WJ base so I could not just bolt and unbolt which would have been nice. I wound up cutting off all the bracketry and makeing new ones with the welder and they are in the passenger side went alot easier due to the tranny hump not being in the way as much. The drivers side took alot of massaging but is in and working. As for power all they need is power and ground so you can do whatever you want for that I'll post some pics but it isn't gonna be a write-up. When I changed the bracketry I made it so the seats can move back nice and far. When the seats are all the way back I can barely reach the pedals but they still move up very closeto the front

Back