• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody use Black Diamond Suspension?

codyyy

NAXJA Forum User
I've been looking at their 3" kit, seems priced alright.
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?jeep-sid=357&plID=62&partID=15348
How good/bad are these systems? How do they compare to say, a Rusty's 3" suspension system with LCAs and adjustable trackbar?
I know some say that the LCAs and trackbar aren't needed for 3" but my XJ is really picky. If I'm gonna lift it again, I know I'll need every possible piece to keep the angles correct.

I have the Black Diamond Trac bar. Black Diamond is owned by Superlift. I havent had any issues with them.

I'm actually glad I went through all that, taught me a lot about steering and driveline angles, and how death wobbles occur and can be fixed. I'm just trying to find a 3 or 3.5" kit that comes with LCAs, something to fix the trackbar, leaf packs, coils and shocks. I haven't found one yet. Either they don't come with LCAs or something to fix the trackbar, or they don't have shocks. I'd buy a used one but I don't know anyone selling a kit.

I had it on my 01... not a bad ride but deffinetlly not the rubicon express like I have now

codyyy said:
I'm actually glad I went through all that, taught me a lot about steering and driveline angles, and how death wobbles occur and can be fixed. I'm just trying to find a 3 or 3.5" kit that comes with LCAs, something to fix the trackbar, leaf packs, coils and shocks. I haven't found one yet. Either they don't come with LCAs or something to fix the trackbar, or they don't have shocks. I'd buy a used one but I don't know anyone selling a kit.

Uhhh....Rubicon Express 3.5" kits???

You dont want something to "fix" the trackbar, you want a NEW adjustable trackbar...stay away from the axle side drop brackets.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. From reading around, I've heard every XJ is different. Some are forgiving and will allow a little ghetto fab to take place, and others need it perfect or won't ride right. Mine happens to be the latter. Now, I must find a used adjustable trackbar and used fixed LCAs (saves cost) and maybe a used full leaf pack lift kit, otherwise I'll go for a Rusty's 3" lift system along with used trackbar and all of that. I hear good things about those. I would go with an RE kit but it's 600 bucks for the full kit, tack on the extra 100 for a used trackbar... Who knows. It's a match between RE and Rustys.

codyyy said:
Take a lookm at Pro Comp, their lifts come with everything you will need. Not sure about prices but you get what you pay for.

Back