• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Non Disco & Disco vacuum lines

RyleyF

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I just swapped the axles from my 89 with the non-disco D30 to a 91 5 speed with the disco front axle. I now have a plug connector and two vacuum lines just chillin under the jeep, which really doesn't look too good at all.

So what do I do with these guys, preferably so that the part-time light still works?

First off, PB, nice threadjack. I don't know what it should be, but 1" can't be enough... Try OEM...

Second,
RyleyF said:
Hey guys, I just swapped the axles from my 89 with the non-disco D30 to a 91 5 speed with the disco front axle. I now have a plug connector and two vacuum lines just chillin under the jeep, which really doesn't look too good at all.

So what do I do with these guys, preferably so that the part-time light still works?

Make sure I understand. You had a disco, and swapped in a non-disco? And want the t-case to turn on the light?

Just trace those two hoses up into the engine compartment, they run up the pass side of the tranny to the firewall, Cut em an plug em. The yellow one should tee into a white. Leave that be, the white runs to the switch for the light...

(All assuming your 91 is the same as my 89)

Robert

What about the electrical connector that goes to the axle? Should I just cut those wires off? I'm assuming they're hooked up to a sensor that determines when the disconnect is engaged.

Thinking about it now, I guess I'll just keep the electrical connector and remove the vaccuum hoses. I'm pretty sure i can get it to work if I get that part on the T-Case that senses what gear its in and that the vacuum hoses go into. Anyone know what it's called?

Hm. That sounds different from mine. I was sure my "light switch" was on the firewall. If you have wires coming out of the disco box, that sure sounds like it's integrated there, on the axle.

I'll double check in the morning...

Robert

Edit: It's just a vacuum switch on the back of the tcase. The red line supplies vacuum, the switch normally applies it to the green line, disconnecting the axle. When you put the tacse in 4WD, a rod hits the switch, putting the vacuum on the yellow line, and locking in the axle. The blue line is just a vent...

Again, all based off my 89...

Last edited:
Robert 771 said:
First off, PB, nice threadjack. I don't know what it should be, but 1" can't be enough... Try OEM...

Robert

Thanx robert, just trying to get a answere to my question, have posted 2 times before and cant find in the oem book, o and thanx for your INSIGHTFUL comment. I thought 1 in Hg would work, im glad u cleared that up!!!:looser:

RyleyF said:
What about the electrical connector that goes to the axle? Should I just cut those wires off?

I checked today, and there isn't anything electrical running to my disco box.

I don't know why there would be on yours...

:dunno:

Robert

Back