• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

STEALERship rant

mjdriver

NAXJA Member #1376
so six months ago I went in and ordered a new speedo gear for my zj since I bumped up to a 265/75 tire. they said they had to order it and to come back in 5 days and I can pick it up, so I went back 5 days later and low and behold it was never ordered, now I adn't paid for it yet so I decided screw it I won't bother with it.

so today I decided to swing by and order it on te way home from work, I stopped in and gave the guy the part number and he said he couldn't get on to their stock system to order it and he would try later I told him I would like to pay for it now, so he went beack to his computer and siad that will be 28.99! now I still had the original slip of paper that I had scribbled every thing down from the first atempt 6 months prior at that time it was 21.85 I said it went up 8 dollars. he said "what were you quoted" I said "right here it says 21.85," he goes back to his computer tapity taping away and comes back " that will be 21.85.

what gives, I know the cost of steel is going up but 8 dollars more for that small piece of metal in a speedo gear

mjdriver said:
so six months ago I went in and ordered a new speedo gear for my zj since I bumped up to a 265/75 tire. they said they had to order it and to come back in 5 days and I can pick it up, so I went back 5 days later and low and behold it was never ordered, now I adn't paid for it yet so I decided screw it I won't bother with it.

so today I decided to swing by and order it on te way home from work, I stopped in and gave the guy the part number and he said he couldn't get on to their stock system to order it and he would try later I told him I would like to pay for it now, so he went beack to his computer and siad that will be 28.99! now I still had the original slip of paper that I had scribbled every thing down from the first atempt 6 months prior at that time it was 21.85 I said it went up 8 dollars. he said "what were you quoted" I said "right here it says 21.85," he goes back to his computer tapity taping away and comes back " that will be 21.85.

what gives, I know the cost of steel is going up but 8 dollars more for that small piece of metal in a speedo gear

Odd...but it could be that he didn't have the "super secret clearance level " needed to make a discount. Or was this the same guy again?

Avanteone said:
OEM's have price increases 2-3 times a year, not sure why, but the prices are always going up.

J

We actually have to update our prices every month at our store but I'd still honor the price from 6 months ago since 6 months is normally not that big of change. And in the case of the prices going up, the PDC's (parts distribution centers) are using fuel prices as an excuse to raise prices.

I have seen prices on speedo gears at the dealership range from just over $10 to just over $20 (same part number, within the same month, different dealerships). I don't think this is that unusual.

As a supplier to several large OEM's we change our prices regularly. Sometimes once every few years, sometimes several times a year. Usually depends on cost of materials, volume of products bought, etc, etc, etc. Some OEM's will only allow you to change your price 1 or 2 times during the year so that they can update their PDC's. Others have no formal way of doing this at all (we give them a price change, they change the computer, the PDC eventually updates their prices, each dealership is on their own to change their prices). The point of this is that every OEM, PDC, Dealership will deal with these things differently.

I hope you get the part;)

Michael

Back