• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Saggin' Waggon I think

smellhole

NAXJA Forum User
The rear isn't supposed to be lower than the front, right? Measuring from the center of the wheel to the bottom of the fender I get 18" up front and 16" in the back. My Dad's XJ is about 17.5" front and rear so mine should be about even front and back, too, right? He and I are both stock (except for slightly larger tires - which is why we measure from center of the wheel).

If you have a stock XJ can you please provide measurements from you vehicle? Center of the wheel to bottom of the fender, front and back. Thanks.

17.5 front, 17 rear...

My 99 is...

Front 18 front

Left Rear 16.5

Right Rear 16.75

With a full tank of gas and about 100 lbs of crap in the back. I'll go out and take measurements, but I'm not nice enough to empty out my bed to do it. :spin1:

It doesn't take a whole lot of weight to "sag" the back and lift the front a little.

With a stock jeep, the rear should be a half inch less due to the way the flare is mounted. It is mounted a 1/2 inch lower in the rear than the front.

Your rear is sagging by about an inch.

Back