• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 30 wont engage

pb_beaker

NAXJA Forum User
since i got my jeep i have not been able to get it into 4wd. the front dana 30 wont engage. so i took off the diff cover and and shift collar cover to make sure all the gears are there, they are. then i fixed a few holes in the vacuume system. i then tested the vacuum system and at the shift collar assembly im getting about 1 in Hg. Is that enough to operate the shift fork? If so why is the collar not engaging?:huh:

Open the CAD cover, engage the collar, shim the shift fork with washers so that it stays engaged, problem solved.

The steel lines that drop from the engine bay tend to get rust built up inside from condesation. Run a stiff wire through them past the bend or by pass them with rubber line. Also check the vacuum motor at the disconnect. If it will not hold vacuum it won't engage.

Back