• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ to an XJ

anything is possible... mouning points are different so if you can fab something up go for it. Only reason I see that you would want to do this though is if you got the TJ bumpers for free because you are going to have to do some cutting and welding to make it work.

94greenxj said:
anything is possible... mouning points are different so if you can fab something up go for it. Only reason I see that you would want to do this though is if you got the TJ bumpers for free because you are going to have to do some cutting and welding to make it work.

X2

If you can make mounting points then yes

the rear bumper shouldn't be that difficult to adapt. (i have both a TJ and XJ). they both attach flat to the back, but i never did measure how close or far they were off.

the front would require some series.............actually no it wouldn't. just had an idea. make some inner and outer frame reinforcement plates like alot of the good bumpers use, and then build a strong but small square bumper that attaches to that. so basically you have the bumper mounting of all the good quality bumpers, but you just end up with what looks like the front frame end of a tj. then at that point, you could install any TJ bumper you want. i've thought about doing that, because TJ's have much nicer bumper options than XJ's, and alot more variety, but then i decided to go with TNT Customs front bumper, because it basically covered everything i was looking for. I still like my wifes TJ bumper a little bit better though.

Thanks a lot. tnt customs? does anyone else know where to find something diferrent for an xj bumper. The reason I ask is that TJs have more options, and I found a cheap set on craigslist.

if you do a search called "bumper" it brings up a lot of goodness... but just to name a few: Protofab, Detours, ORfab, Rusty's, Nates4x4, JCR offroad, Rocklizard Fab, Rigidco, AJ's Offroad armor.... the list goes on... there is more out there for XJ's than you think. i personally run a protofab, and love it... but just search around a little.

Back