• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Taller seats?

NYPDJeep

NAXJA Forum User
The frame of my driver's seat tore off one of the mounting bolts and is now wobbling around now.

I have never been a fan of the seats in my XJ as I am 6'5" and the top of the front seats come to about the base of my neck (no good for collisions). I was wondering what models other than the XJ would be good to look for with seats that would fit in my vehicle and maybe give some head and neck support. I saw some nice looking XJ seats from another posting about a police model XJ in Vermont, I will try to find those if I can, but if anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

I'm not looking to break the bank. I'm going to try to find them at a yard somewhere in the NYC area.

Thanks in advance.

Search is your friend, this has been covered multiple times before.

WJ (99-04 Grand Cherokee) seats are a popular option to swap.

as long as you are not getting power WJ seats then you will be in business I recently got a set of power WJ seats and its a PITA to get them in. I just finished the passenger side seat and made all new brackets. If you don't have power just take the seats off the brackets and swap them and your good to go

Thanks.

I tried searching "seats" originally and the only useful thing I found was the '94 XJ for sale thread. I'll try a few more searches. I don't have power seats so I can just swap out for the Grand Cherokee seats, that's great.

Thanks again, guys.

I just wanted to be sure before I hit the junk yards:

Besides the WJ, are there any other used front seats I can find that will bolt right into my XJ?

I searched this sight and found new seats and the WJ as options, just want to be sure I'm not missing anything.

(I don't have power seats)

Last edited:
NYPDJeep said:
Thanks again, guys.

I just wanted to be sure before I hit the junk yards:

Besides the WJ, are there any other used front seats I can find that will bolt right into my XJ?

I searched this sight and found new seats and the WJ as options, just want to be sure I'm not missing anything.
Keep your eye out for 97+ XJs with adjustable headrests too. They'd probably go taller than yours if yours are the fixed kind. ZJ seats will also fit.

Back