• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

having problems getting engine to mesh with manual tranny

cjben

NAXJA Forum User
trying to put the 4.0 back in my 92 with manual tranny. I need some other ideas to try. I have wiggled,shook,rattled,rolled,adjusted the angle on both the engine and tranny,you name it. The thing that pisses me off is that I had it in once,then realized I forgot the engine plate:( So i know it fits. Just looking for some other ideas more experienced people might have done to get things lined up. I thought about pulling the tranny and t-case,but got to looking around under there. LOTS of rusty bolts,don't think I want to be doing that right now. thanks for any ideas!!

Sometimes for things like that you can get under there with a small jack, and just taking up a couple of pounds on one side or the other will be enough for everything to slip back into place. Sometimes the arms get a little tired, and you get disoriented laying on your back.

well,i should have posted this question yesterday when I was fighting it so much!! I went out there today and it slid right in!!:) now I gotta get to work with the tranny bolts,motor mounts,wiring,ect,ect,ect:)

Back