• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

In need of a little help

99 XJ Sport

NAXJA Forum User
Well I had installed the skyjacker 3inch lift on my 99 xj and new tires the whole bit. Had the jeep aligned, and everything fell within spec with the alignment and everything under the front end was tight. No loose tie rods or ball joints. that was about 2 thousand miles ago and not im starting to notice whats called 'feathering' on the outside edges of my front two tires. I've talked to a few people localy about the prob and they gave a few ideas to what it could be. Check the hubs and maybe upper ball joints, but everything is solid. A friend brought up adjustable ball joints but no parts places around my area have listings for such an item. All in all im just tryin to get some feed back to solve this problem before it gets any worse. ANY ideads will be greatly appreceated. Thanks!

--99 XJ Sport

I am a service tech at Discount/America's Tire Co. My advice is to get them regularly balanced and cross rotated, every 3,000 to 6,000 mi. At our locations, rotations are free regardless if you do bussiness with us or not, and if you buy your tires there then balances are free. Oherwise balance is about $36.00 for all 4 tires. The cross rotation will help cancel out the feathering, due to the tire spinning in the opposite direction.

Back