• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone running DPG'S Leafs and coils yet??

Clean Racing

NAXJA Forum User
Hello.

I am just trying to get some feedback and see if anyone has been running Dirks new leafs and coils for the XJ? I am in the market to go down in lift size so ride quality does matter... Thanks for any info...

I personally have no experience with the springs themselves, however I have talked to many people that run them. I live near DPG Offroad. OME has undoubtably THE best ride in the industry, however for the size, the trailgunners take the cake. Especially when they are paired with OME nitrochargers. my .02 you can NOT spend your money more wisely. . . .

You're lowering your jeep *again*?

You're the only person I've ever met who gets shorter every year.

(that said, next time I have to buy leaf springs my jeeps dropping an inch..).

Dirk is an awsome guy and I think his new springs will work awsome.Ive always bought as much as possible from him and actually went to his shop(home) last year.

fatty said:
I live near DPG Offroad.
Man gas prices must be great there if you call 150+ miles "near"

RCP Phx said:
Dirk is an awsome guy and I think his new springs will work awsome.Ive always bought as much as possible from him and actually went to his shop(home) last year.

Me too. I'm working in Kansas and went down to his home/shop a month ago.

Great guy.

I put a pair of trailgunner leafs in the back of my XJ. With the added weight of my mods (roof rack, 33" spare, CO2, roll out trunk drawers, junk) my old 3.5" REs were barely adequate. With a full load of junk for a week long desert trip I was practically riding on the bump stops and driving on the highway was downright frightening.

I shopped around for stiffer springs, but didn't make much progress. I was just about ready to order custom springs when I found out about the trailgunners.

The trailgunners are great. I never bottom out anymore, even with a full load of crap. Onroad they feel much more stable and offroad they seem to have plenty of flex. Here I am on the RTI log on John Bull. It's not quite big enough for me to max out my flex but you get the idea.

520231461_2a895b5cd7.jpg

I kind of wish they were double wrap & english eye but oh well, they were a lot cheaper than custom springs, and as long as they don't break, who cares?

Now I am running RE 3.5" springs up front with spacers for a measured 4.75" of lift. In the back I have the Trailgunners and the RE 1.5" shackles. Empty it rides kinda stink bug, loaded down it's almost level. I'm good with that, I hate saggy assed rides.

Clean-RC said:
Hello.

I am just trying to get some feedback and see if anyone has been running Dirks new leafs and coils for the XJ? I am in the market to go down in lift size so ride quality does matter... Thanks for any info...
What size lift are you running now and how soon do you plan to lower it? I am in need of some leaves for about 5" of lift.

n1ywb said:
I put a pair of trailgunner leafs in the back of my XJ. With the added weight of my mods (roof rack, 33" spare, CO2, roll out trunk drawers, junk) my old 3.5" REs were barely adequate. With a full load of junk for a week long desert trip I was practically riding on the bump stops and driving on the highway was downright frightening.

I shopped around for stiffer springs, but didn't make much progress. I was just about ready to order custom springs when I found out about the trailgunners.

The trailgunners are great. I never bottom out anymore, even with a full load of crap. Onroad they feel much more stable and offroad they seem to have plenty of flex. Here I am on the RTI log on John Bull. It's not quite big enough for me to max out my flex but you get the idea.

520231461_2a895b5cd7.jpg

I kind of wish they were double wrap & english eye but oh well, they were a lot cheaper than custom springs, and as long as they don't break, who cares?

Now I am running RE 3.5" springs up front with spacers for a measured 4.75" of lift. In the back I have the Trailgunners and the RE 1.5" shackles. Empty it rides kinda stink bug, loaded down it's almost level. I'm good with that, I hate saggy assed rides.

What size spacers are you running?

Back