• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

np261?

skydizzle

NAXJA Forum User
i am one of the lucky people that has the stupid gm 2.8 v6. its a 5 speed and its got the np261 t case. i am getting ready to lift it 6.5 inches but i dont know what to do about a S.Y.E. i had the same setup on 2 different s10s and they had about 6 or 7 inches of lift, however they were ex-cabs so they had a longer wheelbase which decreased the driveshaft angles. i dont want to get too crazy because i am about to swap in a 350/th400 and an atlas, but thats a few months down the road and i need a quick fix for now. i am planning on doing a t case drop but im not sure what else to do. any suggestions?

sorry for the novel

what year? Never heard of the 261 tcase in an xj. The 2.8 ones had the 207 unless it was hte awd one then it was the 241 imsc. Cheap fix would be shims and a longer ds. If it is the booted front you will have to swap the front output and find a front shaft too. I ran 6" of lift and 33's for a while with a factory shaft and no vibs. It did have the longer yoke and the shaft was out of a 2wd xj which made it longer :)

261 never came in an XJ. That is a late model GM case. Someone could have put that in but I highly doubt it. Are you sure you are not reading the ratio instead of the model number on the tag????????

Rockslut said:
261 never came in an XJ. That is a late model GM case. Someone could have put that in but I highly doubt it. Are you sure you are not reading the ratio instead of the model number on the tag????????

now i feel like an idiot. it is a 207 with a 261 ratio. the tag is all scratched so its kinda hard to read. thanks for the help.:twak: :yap:

Back