• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

paint removal?

cjben

NAXJA Forum User
Ok,I screwed up. I am doing the newer intake swap on my 92 cherokee 4.0. well,I thought I would paint it to match the rest of the jeep. I taped off the throttle body opening,and the exhaust and intake openings. But I forgot to plug the injector ports:( so now they have paint in them. what can I use to remove the paint from them without affecting the rest of the paint on the intake manifold? thanks for any ideas!! Ben

What kinda paint? Hope it holds up to the temperatures. Probably just best to use paint thinner. Not sure if I would use a dremel or something like that on an injector port.

Maybe this is a question for paint n' bodywork?

Oh yeah, don't forget to post pics!

:repair:

Rats! You beat me to it -- I was just going to suggest aircraft stripper.
I just got through stripping 4 Grizzly wheels with the stuff after my sandblast cabinet was very ineffective in removing the old clearcoat of the wheels. Abrasive bounced right off. But then again, I guess that its job, right?

The stripper worked great, but it was really messy work. Figure about 4-6 hours per wheel to strip, blast, paint and clearcoat.

Back